Corporate training is crucial in manufacturing. Efficient learning management can help reduce the skills gap, reduce workplace accidents, and improve long-term employee engagement!
However, traditional training approaches are not very motivating for workers, and the cost-benefit ratio is not necessarily worth it.
You guessed it: the manufacturing industry needs to dust off practices and modernize learning management once and for all. Here are our tips to help you get there!
Rethinking Skill Management and Development
Traditional learning methods are often not adapted to the reality of your organization and your employees.
Indeed, this type of training does not let you centralize information or keep track of trained workers to ensure regulatory compliance. And that's without mentioning other time-consuming constraints, such as having to take notes to remember each certificate that needs to be renewed!
With this in mind, here are some tips to optimize the tracking and development of skills in your manufacturing company.
Revitalize Training Management
Implementing modern management methods: easier said than done?
Several simple practices will help you win all the way. Here are 4 of them to experiment within your company:
SMART Training Method
Have you ever heard of SMART Training?
This learning method takes its name from its approach (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-framed). In short, we define clear training goals that are attainable and relevant to each individual.
We then measure the employee's progress: have they acquired the required skills? This is also the perfect time to ask employees what they liked or disliked about their training.
This approach provides the perfect feedback to establish relevant skill development strategies. All in all, you increase organizational efficiency while modernizing your practices!
Technology Skills: a Crucial Asset
What could be more modern than promoting technological skills among your employees?
These skills are critical in the manufacturing sector, where technical and technological progress requires you to keep up with the times.
To avoid creating a skills gap between your current employees and new hires, we recommend promoting corporate training that focuses on discovering and using new technologies!
The Importance of Soft Skills
Soft skills are undoubtedly the future of professional skills! In the upcoming years, the need for soft skills is expected to increase by 30% in manufacturing companies.
What are soft skills? In a nutshell, they are all the qualities that make up an excellent professional outlook: the ability to take on challenges and solve problems as well as teamwork skills, for example.
Promoting the acquisition of soft skills also allows you to expand from routine training in manufacturing. Your employees will be happy with these changes!
This teaching method uses artificial intelligence to identify the employee's skills, even if they are unconscious. Therefore, you avoid redundancy and wasted time by going straight to the point!
You'll also be able to maintain the pace of operations while providing relevant and quality training to your employees.
By adopting these modern practices, you will show that every skill matters when it’s put to good use within the company. Therefore, your employees' full potential will be recognized and developed accordingly.
Your teams will feel appreciated, and you will develop essential skills for your company: it's a win-win situation!
Promoting Initiative and Dialogue
Promoting initiative and dialogue in skills development is critical in your modernization strategy. Here are the essential steps to take to build a healthy and efficient training culture:
- Initiate the conversation to identify strengths and gaps, so you can better support employee development.
- Discuss skill development over time during performance reviews.
- Survey your employees about the skills they would like to acquire and the specific training they want.
- Be proactive thanks to previous discussions (identify and implement relevant training, avoid skill gaps within the organization).
Congratulations: you and your employees are now enjoying all the benefits of a modern, efficient, and people-oriented training plan!
Investing in Learning and Career Management Technology
Modernizing your learning management approaches is already a big step in your journey. However, it can be challenging to implement these significant changes without the right tools to support you.
Fortunately, easy-to-use and effective software tools can revitalize your corporate training management.
The icing on the cake? They are adapted to the reality of the manufacturing industry!
LMS (Learning Management System)
The first step in your training modernization strategy is to choose the best LMS for your company.
These solutions offer the tools you need to quickly and efficiently modernize your training processes. Here are some key benefits of an LMS for a manufacturing company:
- Access critical manufacturing certificates and courses;
- Benefit from synchronous and asynchronous training for more flexibility in managing atypical schedules;
- Raise employee awareness on occupational health and safety through training that is more attractive than traditional courses (video format that is fun and accessible to all);
- Ensure the homogeneity of training for all employees: if you have several factories to manage, the LMS is the perfect solution to ensure a consistent level of training for all your employees!
- Make training accessible anytime, anywhere, to anyone! What if the first step in modernizing training was to make it more accessible to everyone, no matter their context?
Accessibility, flexibility, adaptability to your professional context... Discover all of these benefits by choosing Workleap LMS!
Human resources management software
A human resources management software adapted to your needs will be a major ally in modernizing all your processes.
The following features will be essential to restructure learning management in your manufacturing company:
- Comprehensive training features: Calculate training costs and centralize relevant documentation (invoices, certificates) to facilitate daily follow-up;
- Certificate management: Efficiently manage all skill certificates and their renewals with automated reminders when they expire;
- Career management: Ensure the progress of your employees and find all the information you need at a glance;
- Employee profiles: Keep track of your employees' development with ease;
- Accident management: Use the accident rate and frequency indicators and quickly identify affected employees to improve safety management in their workplace!
Now, it’s your turn!
Congratulations, you’re well on your way to modernizing your company's training management!
However, these positive changes need to be sustained over time. Indeed, corporate training is your best ally for effective skills' development in the long run.
Our final advice would be to make corporate training a top priority in employee management.
Fortunately, there are technology tools to help you in your efforts. Try Workleap LMS for free and discover the best LMS for modernizing learning management in your manufacturing company!